Dear funkateers, you might have come here via one of the buttons on my latest…
We are super-pleased that the editoral team from Spotify added our latest relase ‘Kerria Lacca’ to the ‘Instrumental Funk’ playlist. We are in great company amongst ‘Pick Up the Pieces’ by the Average White Band and ‘Chameleon’ by Herbie Hancock and the Headhunters. Listen HERE.
Overall we feel really bouncy about Spotify having added us to very cool in-house playlists:
- Instrumental Funk – ‘Kerria Lacca’ (from the forthcoming ‘The Hang’)
- Jazz UK – ‘Blood and Whiskey’ (from the forthcoming ‘The Hang’)
- Bottoms Up – ‘Funktionality’ (from ‘Dr. Hypenstein’)
- This is Redtenbacher’s Funkestra
- This is Beat Fatigue (new EP dropping shortly!)
- This is Fred Wesley
Also, very cool – our recent collaboration with Jo Harman (‘Signature Soul’) has also attracted some very nice Spotify editorial playslists (one of them is ‘Blue Ballads’) plus Joe Bonamassa adding ‘Loving Arms’ to his personal playlist ‘The 2020 Blues’.
Jo and I co-produced the ‘Signature Soul’ EP – so it is really quiet uplifting to get good support for it! Also really cool to chart on ‘The most played album top 40 – January 2020 charts’ collated from the playlists of the Independent Blues Broadcasters Association Members.